WHAT IS BOTOX COSMETIC?
BOTOX Cosmetic is an FDA-approved prescription medicine used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines, worry lines, lipstick lines, crow’s feet, and bunny lines in people 18-65 years of age.
WHAT CAN BOTOX TREAT?
BOTOX Cosmetic can give you a refreshed and youthful appearance.
- Softens dynamic wrinkles by relaxing overactive facial muscles
- Effective between eyebrows, at the edges of the eyes, on the nose, lips, and forehead
- Smoothes worry lines, lipstick lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, and bunny lines
- Improves both vertical neck wrinkles and horizontal neck bands (turkey neck)
- BOTOX “Brow Lift” can give the eyes a wider, more open appearance
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR BOTOX?
BOTOX is a leading injectable treatment because it can help the vast majority of people seeking non-surgical facial rejuvenation. To be an ideal candidate for this minimally-invasive treatment, you cannot be pregnant or nursing. You should be in good overall health and must not be allergic to the ingredients in BOTOX Cosmetic. Don’t worry, and most people are not. During your consultation for non-surgical facial rejuvenation, you can expect your provider to discuss every detail of BOTOX treatment, including their anticipated results. There is a lot that BOTOX can achieve, but it isn’t comparable to surgery. Having realistic expectations sets the bar at just the right height to love the results you obtain.
Botox Before and After
BOTOX RECOVERY AND AFTERCARE
When you’ve invested in BOTOX treatment, you want to make sure you get the best results. Aftercare is an important aspect of achieving this goal. In general, there is no downtime needed to recover from BOTOX injections. That said, some activities may increase your risk of bruising and swelling. Some create a risk of product migration. To reduce these risks, we suggest that you do the following after your BOTOX treatments:
- Gently move your facial muscles to help the product absorb.
- Remain in an upright position for four hours following your treatment. After that, you may lie down or recline without concern that the product may migrate to surrounding areas.
- Take it easy. Increasing your heart rate and blood pressure could exacerbate post-treatment swelling and bruising. It’s best to wait 24 hours to exercise.
- Stay cool. Like exercise, excessive heat can cause your treatment side effects to worsen.
- Go makeup-free. Rubbing your face could encourage the product to move away from its intended target area. In addition to not applying makeup, also avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area for 24 hours.
HOW SOON AFTER BOTOX INJECTIONS WILL I SEE THE RESULTS?
Getting BOTOX is interesting because you have to practice a little bit of delayed gratification, and that is not really our norm these days. After your appointment, you might begin to see very subtle changes in your appearance in a few days. However, we advise holding off your full assessment of your results for a week. It can take five to seven days for BOTOX to permeate the muscle and block the signals for contraction and for the skin to also respond by smoothing out.
BOTOX COSMETIC PROCEDURE
Your BOTOX procedure doesn’t take very long at all. That’s why the treatment is referred to as a “lunchtime procedure.” When you arrive for your appointment, your provider will spend a few minutes with you to discuss your concerns and desired outcome. We do this even if you’ve received BOTOX from us in the past because we know your needs may change over time. After our brief consultation or review of your last treatment, your provider may use a special wipe to cleanse and sanitize the skin in the area of focus. Then, injections are performed using a very small needle. This part of your appointment may take just five or 10 minutes. Because the needle used in the procedure is so small, there is no need to numb the skin before injections are administered. If you are concerned about discomfort, talk to us! We want you to love every part of your BOTOX experience!
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST?
The duration of BOTOX results can vary from one person to another. Your results may last up to six months and is recommended twice a year. Conversely, they may start to face it after just two months. It is not possible to predict how every person will respond to their BOTOX injections. In general, data suggests that BOTOX results may last an average of three to four months. You can safely undergo injections every 90 days. That said, there is no need to maintain that frequency. We advise that you simply notice when you start to see the conditions we’ve treated return. You can schedule your next BOTOX appointment accordingly.
CAN BOTOX TREAT HYPERHIDROSIS?
BOTOX can be used to treat excessive perspiration in the underarms, hands, and feet.
The most common question we receive about BOTOX for sweating is, “Does it decrease over time?” The answer is Yes! You will find yourself needing to schedule appointments less and less. The amount of needed units necessary is on an individual basis.
BOTOX COSMETIC PROCEDURE
The FDA-approved procedure is a quick 10-minute treatment with minimal discomfort.