JUVÉDERM® is the number one selling dermal filler in the U.S. It is a hyaluronic acid filler, derived from a natural substance that is found throughout the human body. In its natural form, hyaluronic acid is a sugar found in the skin and joints. Hyaluronic fillers are synthetic, biodegradable versions of these naturally occurring sugars and are considered to be extremely safe.
JUVÉDERM® has two varieties, Ultra Plus XC and Ultra XC, each with its own specific benefits.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is another JUVEDERM product designed specifically for the cheek area.
As people age, the cheek area loses volume, making the cheeks flatten out and the skin droop and sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC was recently approved by the FDA and the first and only filler approved to temporarily correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area in adults age 21 and over. It instantly provides smooth, natural-looking results that last up to two years with optimal correction.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM Voluma™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.